Monday, October 24, 2005

The best laid plans

I had such big plans for today.

Connor was going to be lovely and play at my feet while I:

Wrote a review
Critiqued a manuscript
Did some yoga (he was going to sleep for that)
Wrote 500 words on my latest short story
And blogged about the meaning of friendships

Unfortunately Connor has done nothing but whinge and whine and has not wanted to leave my hip all day. As for sleeping, that's for the weak.

If I can quote my 11 month old son

Waaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!! (Which is baby talk for, "Bring me another espresso, Mater.")

I've done nothing today but hold the baby and watch Charmed.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! (Which is mummy talk for "I want my life back!)

I can't get anything done today. Even as I type, the short bald one is standing at my side, crying and reaching for the mouse.

Have a lovely day

PS Friends are cool. There, one thing accomplished. Not as long as I'd wanted to make it, but the best I can do with an extra set of hands upon the key board.

No comments: