Monday, November 07, 2005

On a roll

I'm very happy with myself at the moment.

Tonight I have written over 1600 words on my latest story leaving it with a total thus far of 4700 words. The story is coming together beautifully and I've just set up the climax. I anticipate having it finished by tomorrow night.

I haven't felt this excited about a story since The Memory of Breathing. I'm very proud of myself for the work I've done on it and the flow it has taken on. It's sad, it's ironic and I've put a lot of myself into it (although I would like to categorically deny being a vampire :))

My main problem: I'm having trouble putting it down. Every night I think of where the story could go next, and every morning I've built on that.

I so don't want to make a novel out of this, so matter what my beloved says :)

Music of the moment: An eclectic mix of New Wave and John Lennon.

No comments: