Monday, December 30, 2013

Two not so tiny things

I don't want to see The Desolation of Smaug. I didn't enjoy The Hobbit, so have no interest in seeing Part Two. What I do want is a few hours to myself. I live with Connor's Rumination Syndrome* 24/7 and sometimes I need a breather. Perfect. This week I bought Bones Season 8 for myself and Lee has taken the kids to see TDoS.

However, the idiots at Target forgot to unlock my DVD so I just had to walk to Blockbuster and ask them to open it. This takes about 20 minutes so no biggie, but what I didn't anticipating was the two discoveries I made during the walk.

Every few days Lee and I push the kids out the door and send them twice around the block. Sometimes we tell them to report back to us with 10 tiny things they found while out. Connor always argues against it with "But I feel sick," but I counter with "Then throw up. You're outside, so it doesn't matter. Go, find me something new."

Today while out walking I did my own version of looking around and found two splatters on the footpath. Immediately, I knew what they were. My reaction to seeing it proved that it really does matter when Connor vomits outside. I feel so awful right now, but I can't stop the walks. Connor spends a lot of time lying down next to a bucket. He needs the exercise and fresh air. I'm doing the right thing, but it just goes to show that in some cases even the right thing hurts.

*And yes, I do know Connor also lives with it 24/7 and he doesn't get to call a time out. But every night he falls asleep and is fine for the next 8 hours or so while I spend at least a portion of that washing the walls, and the floor and his sheets and at least 3 towels. So let me have this.

No comments: