Thursday, January 23, 2014

It's not like you HAVE to have a goal to get things done.

It's hot and I don't have aircon and I'm feeling annoyed with the world and what do I do when I'm annoyed with the world? That's right, I bake. Yeah, despite it currently being 36 deg C in my kitchen, I need to cook me some food.

Today I found a kick-butt recipe for Cheesymite Scrolls on Facebook and immediately had to try to make them. Connor and I went shopping, then set to work.



Because we only have small chopping boards, we cut the dough in two and made them in two batches.
This made it a lot easier for Connor to handle.



A true little Aussie, Connor likes to be able to see his Vegemite.


Ditto, the cheese.



Proud as punch (and really sweaty to boot). We used the daggy off-cuts to make a little one which you can see in the top right corner.



It may be the holidays, but this is something to put in the homeschool file. 


Tada. And yes, they smell absolutely fantastic. Rich and Vegemitey and Cheesy. Can't wait for everyone to get home to try them.


We possibly could have rolled them a little thinner but I'm not complaining about the effect. Go, try. Kudos to my sister-in-law Donna who made them pretty much the same time as us. 

If you want the recipe then I direct your attention to  http://theorganisedhousewife.com.au/recipes/cheesymite-scrolls/


No comments: